Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My name is Josh, and I'm a procastaholic

This past week has led me to realize that I am addicted to procrastination. Once again, I have dragged my feet to the point that the knocking of opportunity has slipped through my fingers - not once, but twice.

For the past year, I have repeatedly stated that I was going to move out of my apartment and actually purchase a home of my own. Tonight, I find myself on the eve of resigning my lease for another year. Reluctant to enter into debt in the six figures, I kept putting off talking to realtors and mortgage brokers, and with a lease that expires in a matter of weeks, I'm out of options.

As if this weren't upsetting enough, I find that another of my plans has recently fallen apart. I was at work this morning, and I came across this unsettling news. It never fails. Just as I'm about to put the moves on a girl, BAM!, the U.S. federal government has to step in and screw everything up. I mean, what is America coming to, when a man has to compromise his right to privacy before he can go about purchasing a bride for himself. As a staunch federalist, I cannot morally engage in actions that would undermine my Constitutional rights, even if said undermining actions would lead to the purchasing of connubial bliss at a fair market price.

Again, for the past year, I have repeatedly stated that I was going to stop futilely asking women out and actually purchase a wife of my own. Tonight, I find myself resigning to search for a potential mate for another year. Reluctant to enter into debt in the four figures, I kept putting off talking to Russians and marriage brokers, and with this Orwellian law taking effect a week ago, I'm out of options.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my name is josh too