Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Harvest

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to have my appendix removed. As this was my first foray under the knife, I was surprised at my lack of apprehension. However, I do have to admit that there were a couple of news articles that I had read in the past few weeks that were milling about the nether regions of my consciousness. (Note: The nether regions can be found to the left of the german regions and immediately above the belgian regions.)

I do not think it necessary to transcribe the entire articles, since their titles offer a fair summary of their contents. The two news items that gave me pause were:

Monitors Don't Stop 30,000 Americans From Waking During Surgery Each Year

and

Woman Goes for Leg Operation, Gets New Anus Instead

Based on these articles, I think I should have probably been a little more concerned.


As a side note, I just wanted to point out an advertisement that I saw next to the "anus" article. It...it gave me pause.

Hmmm...I now wonder if my vagina was depressed and there was nothing wrong with my appendix...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were sorry to inform you sir, we failed to remove your appendix. However, the tubal ligation was a complete success.